Thursday, September 9, 2021

Transition

Let us be honest, at the back of our mind the transitions are always a hassle. When something threatens to disrupt our status quo, it promises extra effort. And extra effort is just what it says on the label - an extra. 

But we received the keys to our new property by last Wednesday noon, or to be precise, thirty minutes before it. We moved out and moved in next day. And today is a week after that. We have been riding on the big waves, and now there is a release. Still wrapping up the tiny loose ends, but they are mostly back in their places with nothing to declare. Some utility providers owe us. The others are keen to charge us for the new property, like BT. But BT also provided us a £90 prepaid bonus bank card (I have already managed to use to the last penny which took some serious planning - but proud of myself, for nothing got lost). And since my daughter has decided to commute to her Central London office work today (first ever after series of lockdowns), I could set up what BT calls "an unbreakable Internet" which is yet to be time-tested. But it sounds promising. 

I managed to arrange a quick visit to the Ealing Christian Centre. During my Chiswick Christian Centre days - when I commuted there from Southampton - I heard good things about the place, and now, bus 65 takes me nearly there (minus a moderate 0.4 mi long walk - and yes we should have taken the same way back, but since there was a bus stop right across the road, I could not resist the temptation and ended up making a longer detour, via Chiswick, and then some, but lesson learned now and next time I shall be wiser with all the amassed experiential knowledge.) I might return to CCC, though. Just for it was where "my path sort of stopped with the life flooding all over me, daughter returning to uni, and I sitting and working for two, being unable to make it out of Southampton both because of the time and the money - and then the Pastor left, which signified the end of an era." In the absence of a Pastor the church carried on bravely without a pastor. It was a new for me for I came from a background where new disciples were made, and ministry gifts popped up which made such transfers hardly noticeable. 


Then there was a mini-heatwave which we spent unpacking the boxes. And I had a chance to visit the local Common. 


Next, hoping to cash in all the refunds which the former utility providers owe us. And then onward and forward with the new. 

Daughter is going to be older tomorrow in a week. The age of Jesus. (I have a vivid recollection of the day when I felt that it must be somehow more meaningful while walking the church hallway in "Matkamaja" or the building in the capital of Estonia where our Estonian church gathered at the time.)

It ended up being just another number, though. No other significant memories of this year in my life. Talking about my daughter, she has had an intense introduction to her new year with helping us get this property by applying to a number of higher paid jobs. And then the suddenlies hit. Suddenly, all doors flung open. All the places where she applied to, granted her interviews. She ended getting three offers out of the four interviews, and finally decided to go with the one she has now. But, it also took a lot of extra effort, with overtime, and helping out the others by doing the work she wanted and was eligible to do, as to her education and numerous efforts in this direction. God promises to bless what we set our hand to, but she had to set her hand to it....and then there was a blessing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment