Saturday, March 6, 2021

Lady of Chaol Ghleann

As I have decided to buy some land, specifially 1 sq ft of it to support the conservation project of a Scottish Dunan Castle and its grounds, I have changed my name in social media to a Lady Tiina Wilder of Chaol Ghleann (for where else to do it, as I am not going to use it in my official correspondence and records and bank cards and elsewhere - even if I had a right to do it, but it would take it a stretch too far for me personally). 

It comes with a tartan right, and fishing rights and a right to visit my land plot, and a right to call myself with the abovementioned name. 

So, here goes. Just as I am about to enter into my 56th year....in a couple of months. Another change. Another opportunity to be a little different. 


And just as I am to become a British citizen, a step which strengthens my ties to this land. 

Or Scotland. Which may or may not want to become independent. If given a right to decide. As they blew off their last attempt. 

Romans 8:21 
that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay 
and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.



If nothing else, then I have a right to wear a beautiful Dunans Rising Tartan scarf. Or a stole. Or a ruradh.

And in a small way it makes me feel as if I belonged...even if it means being entitled to a decorative title. Nevertheless, a legitimate one. With the abovementioned legal rights, and entitlements. 

So, this 1 sq ft of Scottish land "has been liberated from groaning" after forming 
a meaningful bond with the named Lady Tiina Wilder of Chaol Ghleann which is again nothing more than a decorative title in support of the conservation project of the named Dunans Castle, but nevertheless a legitimate one with my tiny land plot, tartan wearing and fishing rights. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunans_Castle
A bit of a perspective. The ruined castle was bought in 2003 for £230,000. Our London rental property was sold in May 2020 for £240,000. 
Now I know that the property prices have been rising in the meanwhile, and at about the same time - in December 2003 our property cost £144,000 and its estimated purchase price is today £272,000 with a +£32,000 (13%) increase since last May.

And if this seems highly improbable, then here is a ruined castle offer for you. https://search.savills.com/property-detail/gbedrseds200210


But its restoration and later upkeep takes a fortune. Hence the clever conservation scheme.

* * * 

That said, London is home. And most London property owners could be castle owners, pricewise. 
Just saying. 


No comments:

Post a Comment