Namely, as my daughter is going to study this autumn in SOAS, which is a London University (and if you are in any way a Jeremy Corbyn fan, then last night there was a Momentum rally of his supporters, which took place namely in front of this university - I am not a Labour Party voter, but due to our present political situation I have been keeping an eye on happenings at our political landscape which has been full of action this week).
As the prices of London living are skyrocketing, and the university is located in a fairly expensive area, then I made already some preliminary plans before the university responded (which happened this afternoon). So, now my daughter has an unconditional offer there, and as I do not fancy living at the age of 50 plus in shared lodgings, which cost a fortune in this region, I got an idea to look upward, to the north. And I discovered that Luton ticked all my boxes. Also, it has a wonderful church (I could not take anything which would not be absolutely the best and strongest, and I was glad to find such place there) which has been co-founded by Jeff Jansen whom I knew, as I owned a book which was co-authored by him. Also, the church is going to have a scheduled week with Isabel Allum in November 2017 (next year).
On the other hand, the place ticks the box, for it is out of London, in Bedfordshire, but as it has an airport which is known as a London Luton Airport, it is well connected with the City and the university happens to be strategically located, on the bus route, near the train terminals. Also, there are National Express and Greenline buses, and the latter has a weekly student pass option for £30 which is a good price to make it to school and back. It takes still a commute for her, but on the other hand, it takes us much closer (currently it is 81.4 miles away, and then it will be 32.9 miles, of course the mileage is approximate and depends on the location of our future living place).
So, we are in to some changes.
I have been mentally preparing myself for them already for a while (yet being unsure which university will make the best offer, and it happened to be namely the best in her list - as the named university is on the 11th place in the world in her field and well known. Plus, it happens to have its 100th anniversary this year.


No comments:
Post a Comment